Reviews And Interviews
Historical Fiction by Mike H. Mizrahi
“The Chattanooga Bicycle Race” Available Today!
The 25th Annual Writer’s Digest Self-Published Book Awards: The Great Chattanooga Bicycle Race
Judge’s Comments:“In The Great Chattanooga Bicycle Race, a genre novel by Mike H Mizrahi, we are presented with a truly delightful novel that does a good job of dealing with issues of gender in the context of the advancing trends of society, while not losing sight of the fun and grandeur of the big city. Throughout, wisely, all of this is filtered and presented in the context of a simple love story, or at least a coming of age story. The dialogue here is particularly solid, sounding realistic and still readable, aiding the characterization and adding layers of nuance to the proceedings. The chapters are nicely paced, with enough meat to make them satisfying but not so ponderous as to make it difficult to keep track of the narrative as it develops. The title for the novel seems to this reader to be a little long, but upon reflection tonally right on the money, giving readers a glimpse of the plot but also the way that the historical elements will interact. The overall design of the book is professional, with crisp and legible text throughout, while the cover image for the book is a rich and well appointed period piece with stylish colors conveying a clear sense of the overall innocence of the age.” (Thanks Writer’s Digest!)
- Book blogger Meagan Davenport called The Great Chattanooga Bicycle Race “a good vacation read that will please fans of Gilbert Morris.”
- The reviewer was “…laughing in parts, crying in parts, and holding my breath.” A wonderful book by “another must read author.” Five Stars!
- Becky J. Miller at “Living Outside the Lines” says The Great Chattanooga Bicycle Race is 344 pages of exhilaration. She “hated to turn the lights off.”
- The reviewer recommends this book with 5 stars, and says it’s going on her top reads for 2017! Hats off to Mike Mizrahi for creating a new fan in her.
- “The Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer” about “The Great Chattanooga Bicycle Race” come down to this: The cover art has a vintage look, and the reviewer was glued to the book after the first paragraph! Read more.
- Liftuse Publicity: Readers Review Mike’s Book: The Great Chattanooga Bicycle Race
Interviews With Mike
- “3 Plus Your Comunity” in Chattanooga, TN interviews Mike Mizrahi
- Gracefully Yours presents Life Lessons with Mike Mizrahi
- Get To Know Mike H Mizrahi and “Anna Gaines” from The Great Chattanooga Bicycle Race
- Liz Tolsma interview with Mike H. Mizrahi
Articles By Mike
- Chattanooga History Column: Even In The City, The ‘Wheel’ Changed Everything (timesfreepress.com, Oct. 1 2017)